Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Update Time

Been a while since my last entry.

I guess firstly i'll go into my live tournament. It was a really great experience, and i think i'm a better player for it. I ended up finishing in 30/158 people, 10 spots away from cashing. However i know now that i'm good enough to play in those tournaments. As usual in MTT's it came down to one wrong move on my part.

With three tables left, and after being at a seemingly nitty table for the good part of an hour, i decided it was time to step up the aggression to try and accumulate some chips. Going against my game plan of cashing first, i decided i'd rather take a shot at winning. So i pounded on this table for most of the day, picking up around 50,000 in chips without going to showdown once. So i get ATs in middle position and make my standard 2.5ish raise, i get called from the CO, a really tight player and it's folded around. Now, the wrong move i made started here. I put him on a preflop calling range of most broadway, most decent aces, and figured he's 3betting me with AQ and AK and most pairs above 10's. So the flop hits Axx rainbow. Now i quickly checked with the intention of check/raising all in. That was mistake number two. I overestimated the guy and thought he would play back at me, when in reality he was a passive guy wanting to get into the money. Anyways, instead of bet/folding, i decide to check/raise and get snapped by AKs. After that point i was down to around 7 effective BB's and it was shove time. Ended up shoving A5s from the CO and that same player tanked for about 3 minutes before calling with pocket jacks, LOL.

So overall i had a good time, it was long an tedious at times, and i wouldn't play in another one unless it was something like the WSOP or Aussie millions. Playing for three days with nothing to show for it isn't my idea of a good time. Life is too short!

So in my other poke exploits, i've stepped up to the $6.50 turbos on stars with relative ease. I feel like i'm really starting to crush these games now, but i still have a long way to go. So far this month it's looking promising.


Notice i don't have a red line anymore. Well i'm getting fed up with worrying about it. Everytime i saw the red line dipping i'd rush to find out what i was doing wrong. It means nothing and i invite you to march with me on the first official "People against Hem red line day", starting today the 20th October, 2010.

Also, i recently have around 30 more hours per week to devote to poker. That means more play but more importantly, more study and review. If anyone is interested in getting together on skype to go over specific spots in 9 man STT's let me know.

So with around 11 more days to go before the end of this month, let's set a little volume goal. Let's flirt with the dark side and say i want to have 666 games done before the end of the month. That gets me up around 1200 games for the month, which is pretty decent as i took the first week of this month off.

No comments:

Post a Comment