Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Huge brag incoming.

What a difference 48 hours can make. It's been fantastic to say the least. Fan. Tas. Tic.

Talk to me two days ago and I would have been a bit down. But quietly confidant that after 500 games of solid play, the poker gods would reward me. Reward me they did.


A not too shabby ROI. The great thing about it is i finally feel in total control of my opponants and my own game at every stage of the tournament. And running $100 over expectation is always nice too.

To add to that, i finally made it to a sharkscope leaderboard for total profit. It's been a mini goal of mine to keep myself motivated playing the micro's. It feels nice to say that i'm the 19th most profitable player 9 STT turbos in the world. I don't expect to be on there long, but i made my goal, that's what matters.

Finally, to top of what has been a simply awesome two days i decided to enter a small sattlite tournament for $3 into a $11 rebuy. Normally i don't play in these events, but i had two tournaments going that my stack was dwindling away in, so i decided to have some fun playing a super turbo. I got Third in that tournament for ~$9.00. But my gambling thirst was not quite quenched yet. I decided that i'd spend $11 to buy into the rebuy, only planning to have the one shot at trying to accumulate chips. If i knew what it would be like, i wouldn't have entered. The rebuy period lasting for an hour and a half. I managed not to stack off and accumulate a nice stack of chips after the break ended. Then after some luck, and i mean a lot of luck, i managed to win a tournament ticket to the ANZPT adelaide main event.

I can count at least 4 times where i was an 80/20 dog and managed to win somehow. At one point late in the game going runner/runner hearts to take down a big pot, with my tournament on the line. It was loads of fun, i had a blast.

So, thank you. Thank you poker gods, i will sacrifice a goat now in your honor. Or whatever it is you want me to do. Anyways /Brag

To quote the rapper Eminem, i have to "Snap back to reality", fast.

So, tommorow it's back to the e-felt for some more micro action. Hopefully i can move up after this month, with my challenge still going i want to finish this month, then move to full tilt to take advantage of both bad players, and the excellent rakeback system they have. Plus i also have my first bonus deposit, so i should be on ~50% rakeback for a short time.   Sweet.

4 comments:

  1. G'day Figjammer,

    Stumbled across this blog from your SnG sticky @ CC. Nice work mate. Seem to be smashing the $3's and look forward to seeing the live Adelaide results.

    Will be following and cross-linking your blog on mine mate. It will be good to follow a fellow countryman thats on my time frame.

    Feel free to say hi on my blog, I'll be back in the $3s soon and would be good to chat with someone if your interested. SN @ stars is custo80.

    Like I said, you ever get sometime come say g'day.

    All the best and good luck
    Custo

    PS. Do non-aussies understand the acronym of your name :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there,

    Yes well the live tournament could be interesting, i'm sure i'll have a story to tell.

    Yes, always interested in finding guys from australia who play similar games. I will add you and definately follow your blog. If you ever want to talk strat, i'm availiable on skype fairly often.

    And no, i don't think americans get it :D.

    Thanks for reading, gl on the e-felt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol :-P http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=figjammer

    Now I understand, says it's a mostly Australian term... Think I'll try to pick this one up if you don't mind haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it would be a funny name to use, plus the 'jammer' part works well in SNGs, since we're "jamming" it all in a lot.


    My shit may stink, but seriously, Dilligaf?

    There's another one for you Pmi :D.

    ReplyDelete